NRAR State Announcements‌


The following information from the states is meant to inform you of temporary or recent changes regarding the processing of non-resident adjuster licenses. For specific information regarding state rules, please see the state requirements section.


Posted: 10/16/14

All Arizona non-resident adjuster license applicants (individual and business entity) need to renew through the NRR application.


Posted: 6/23/2015

Adjuster and Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Adjuster renewals ends June 30 2015. Beginning July 1, 2015, you will need to reinstate your license on the Department website. Select “Online Application for Individual or Business Entity.


Posted: 01/29/14

Michigan license numbers for individuals will be the same as the National Producer Numbers (NPNs), which can be found by using NIPR's National Producer Number Lookup.

Michigan: adjuster, solicitor, and counselor applicants may no longer renew through the NIPR website. These applicants should visit the state’s website for renewal information. Renewal information can be found under "Spotlight". Michigan surplus lines applicants may continue to renew through NIPR.

New Mexico

Posted: 03/18/14

Staff adjusters and individual adjusters will not renew online through NIPR. New Mexico will be sending out paper applications for all adjuster renewals.

Rhode Island

Posted: 12/10/14

If your current Claims Adjuster license expires in January 2015, you must select one of the new Adjuster license types (Company, Independent or Public Adjuster) through the Initial licensing applications. Please do not select Claims Adjuster when attempting to renew your license during this process. By selecting the Claims Adjuster license class, you will amend your license, not renew it for another two (2) year term. If you have any questions prior to renewing; please contact NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or Rhode Island Department of Insurance at (401) 462-9500.


Posted: 01/22/13

The Department has received a number of inquiries from insurers asking if Vermont law provides an exception to the adjuster licensing requirement if the individual adjusting is a staff adjuster of the insurer. The answer is no. There is no exception for the adjuster licensing requirement, unless the insurer is a Vermont domestic fire or casualty company. See Title 8 V.S.A. § 4791(3). Insurers should review their licensing protocols to ensure their adjusters handling Vermont claims are properly licensed. For information about how to obtain a license, visit the Producer & Individual Licensing page on the Vermont website.