November 18, 2015
North Carolina Appointment Renewals for 2016
North Carolina appointment renewals for Producer (all six major lines of authority plus Medicare Supplemental/Long Term Care line of authority), Auto Physical Damage, Limited Representative, Title Insurance, County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent and Credit Agent shall be made electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Electronic processing through NIPR is Mandatory and renewals cannot be sent directly to the Insurance Department.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Terminations for Producer, Auto Physical Damage, Limited Representative, Title Insurance, County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent and Credit Agent appointments that you do not wish to renew must be received by NIPR no later than 5pm CST January 26, 2016 to allow sufficient time for processing and posting to PDB before the renewal billings are created.
- No Appointment and Termination transactions will be accepted for the above-named licensees if they are submitted after 5pm January 26, 2016. Appointment and Termination transactions will be accepted when processing resumes on February 3, 2016.
- Any appointment that is active on January 28, 2016 will be included on the invoice.
- On February 2, 2016, the NIPR website will have the renewal invoice and a list of appointments due for the renewal of the above-named licensees.
- Invoice payments are due by March 31, 2016. A short grace period will allow NIPR to accept payments until May 16 after which all invoices that have not been paid will be removed from the website.
- Customers will not be allowed to terminate or cross-off any names from the invoice.
- Invoices will not be displayed on the NIPR website after May 16, 2016 at 5 pm CDT.
- All appointments will be canceled if the invoice is not paid by May 16, 2016.
- Appointments will not be renewed if payment is less than the invoice total.
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
- Insurance carriers with an NAIC CoCode wishing to reconcile company appointments with the state insurance department may obtain a list of appointments via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR Subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription information. You may also utilize the services of an NIPR Authorized Business Partner http://www.nipr.com/general/business-partners.htm.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for North Carolina Appointment Renewals MUST be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them.
- NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company, since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account.
- NIPR is not responsible for any renewal late fees incurred during this period
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR processing fee per invoice will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00
# of appts Price Total
100 $10.00 $1000.00
Transaction fee is 1% of $1000.00 or $10.00
Payments received after the renewal period will be returned
|North Carolina State Appointment Renewal Fees
|Producer, Auto Physical Damage, Limited Representative, Title Insurance, County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent and Credit Agent
|February 2, 2016
||May 16, 2016
||$10.00 renewal fee for each Producer, Auto Physical Damage, County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent and Title Insurance appointment shown on the invoice
|February 2, 2016
||May 16, 2016
||$20.00 renewal fee for each Limited Representative and Credit Agent appointment shown on the invoice
Payment Method and other Fees
|| No processing fee
||If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) the process will be entirely electronic. Please note there is a $60,000 limit on Credit Card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service. An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print for your records.
||There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transactions fees will apply
A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services
If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
There is a $25.00 returned check charge for any electronic check that does not clear the applicant’s bank. Additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in non-renewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is made.
||No processing fee
NIPR processing fees are not refundable
No Funds Received:
- Failure to renew Producer, Auto Physical Damage, Limited Representative, Title Insurance, County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent and Credit Agent appointments by May 16 will result in NC cancelling appointments.
Process beginning February 2, 2016 when the electronic invoices are on the website:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
If you have any questions regarding this new appointment renewal process, contact:
- For 2016, NIPR will not process appointment renewals for Risk Retention Group Agent and Purchasing Group Agent. These renewals can be processed directly through the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
- The producer class includes the following LOAs: Life, Accident & Health or Sickness, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, Variable Life & Variable Annuity Products, Medicare Supplement/Long Term Care.