NIPR Non-Resident Adjuster Renewal (NRAR)

State Announcements

The following information from the states is meant to inform you of temporary or recent changes regarding the processing of non-resident adjuster licenses. For specific information regarding state rules, please see the state requirements section.


Posted: 10/16/14
All Arizona non-resident adjuster license applicants (individual and business entity) need to renew through the NRR application.


Posted: 01/29/14
Michigan license numbers for individuals will be the same as the National Producer Numbers (NPNs), which can be found by using NIPR's National Producer Number Lookup.

Michigan: adjuster, solicitor, and counselor applicants may no longer renew through the NIPR website. These applicants should visit the state’s website for renewal information. Michigan surplus lines applicants may continue to renew through NIPR.

New Mexico

Posted: 03/18/14
Staff adjusters and individual adjusters will not renew online through NIPR. New Mexico will be sending out paper applications for all adjuster renewals.

Rhode Island

Posted: 12/10/14
If your current Claims Adjuster license expires in January 2015, you must select one of the new Adjuster license types (Company, Independent or Public Adjuster) through the Initial licensing applications. Please do not select Claims Adjuster when attempting to renew your license during this process. By selecting the Claims Adjuster license class, you will amend your license, not renew it for another two (2) year term. If you have any questions prior to renewing; please contact NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or Rhode Island Department of Insurance at (401) 462-9500.

South Carolina

Posted: 12/14/12
Beginning August 1, 2013 through August 31, 2013, adjusters may renew their license through the NIPR electronic application. A renewal between July 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013 must be completed through the South Carolina website. From that page, adjusters must then select "Online Services". Under the" General Public" heading, select "Renew Individual License".
Posted: 06/14/13
Adjuster licenses have a thirty day renewal period (August 1st, odd year to August 31st, odd year). Late renewal will apply from the end of renewal period for the next twelve (12) months. Late renewals are only allowed if the applicant license is inactive with status reason of "not renewed." After twelve (12) months, the applicant must reapply. Beginning August 1st of the odd year, adjusters can no longer reinstate their adjuster license through the NIPR. All adjuster reinstatements must go through the South Carolina Department of Insurance.


Posted: 01/22/13
The Department has received a number of inquiries from insurers asking if Vermont law provides an exception to the adjuster licensing requirement if the individual adjusting is a staff adjuster of the insurer. The answer is no. There is no exception for the adjuster licensing requirement, unless the insurer is a Vermont domestic fire or casualty company. See Title 8 V.S.A. ยง 4791(3). Insurers should review their licensing protocols to ensure their adjusters handling Vermont claims are properly licensed. For information about how to obtain a license, visit the Producer & Individual Licensing page on the Vermont website.