NIPR Non-Resident License (NRL)

State Announcements

The following information from the states is meant to inform you of temporary or recent changes regarding the processing of non-resident licenses. For specific information regarding state rules, please see the state requirements section.

Rhode Island

Posted: 12/10/14
If your current Claims Adjuster license expires in January 2015, you must. select one of the new Adjuster license types (Company, Independent or Public Adjuster) through the Initial licensing applications. Please do not select Claims Adjuster when attempting to renew your license during this process. By selecting the Claims Adjuster license class, you will amend your license, not renew it for another two (2) year term. If you have any questions prior to renewing; please contact NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or Rhode Island Department of Insurance at (401) 462-9500.
Posted: 10/01/14
Business entity life settlement and reinsurance intermediary licenses are not authorized to sell as producer licenses. Rhode Island does not license business entities seeking to sell insurance as Rhode Island producers. Please contact Rhode Island DOI if you have any questions regarding business entity producer licenses.