ALASKA Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing for Individuals


Primary Rules    |   License Printing    |   Business Rules   |   State Offerings   |   License Fees   |   Contacts and FAQs

State Announcements

Posted 11/30/18

The State of Alaska has issued a disaster declaration in response to the Anchorage earthquake on 11/30/18. Emergency adjuster applications are being accepted. Any applicant wishing to apply for an emergency adjuster license in the state of Alaska may do so through NIPR. Please choose the “Exempt Independent Adjuster” license type when applying. You must be licensed as an independent adjuster in your home state. Alaska does not accept designated home state adjuster applications. You are required to submit an application for emergency licensure within 10 days after the start of the investigation or adjustment.

Primary Rules

Response Question
Yes Accepts adjuster for individuals electronically.
No* Accepts adjuster for business entities electronically.
No Accepts Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) electronically.
Yes Applicant can reinstate a license electronically.
Yes Applicant can add lines of authority to an existing active license electronically.
Yes Print licenses electronically.

* Business entities will apply through Non-Resident Licensing (NRL) rather than Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing (NRAL).

License Printing

To print your license, click the state on NIPR's Producer Licensing Map.

Business Rules

Non-citizens of the U.S. must have a resident license for selling insurance in one of the 50 U.S. states.

Applicant must include business fax number on the application.

Applicant must include business email address on the application.

Applicant must provide a mailing address on the application.

Applicant must be licensed in applicant's home state.

If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse.

  • Applications not completed within four (4) months from the date filed will be considered withdrawn and new application forms and fees will be required pursuant to Alaska Statute 21.27.040(f).

State Offerings

Please note that license class names can vary by state.

License Class Line of Authority (LOA)
Exempt Independent Adjuster None
Independent Adjuster Property
Independent Adjuster Health
Independent Adjuster Life
Independent Adjuster Personal Lines
Independent Adjuster Property
Independent Adjuster Miscellaneous
Independent Adjuster Crop
Portable Electronics Adjuster Casualty
Portable Electronics Adjuster Property

* All adjuster applications will defer to the state for approval.

Applicant applying for or already holding the property and casualty lines of authority (LOA) in Alaska may not also apply for personal lines LOA. Personal lines is already covered by the property and casualty LOAs in Alaska. Note: This applies across license classes. If property and casualty are held on any license class, applicant is not allowed to apply for personal lines.

License Fees

Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.

License Class / LOA Combination Fee * Reinstatement Fee **
Exempt Independent Adjuster / No LOA $0.00 N/A
Independent Adjuster / All LOA's $75.00 $100.00: If less than, or equal to, sixty (60) days past expiration date

$200.00: If sixty-one (61) days or more past expiration date
Portable Electronics Adjuster $0.00

* Per application.

** Reinstatement fee is charged in addition to standard renewal fee.

No amendment fee.

No continuing education verified before application.

A $500.00 Revocation Fee will be charged when applicant applies for a license that is revoked. This fee will be charged in addition to standard application fee.


Last Update: 9/08/2017