MET, MEWA, Self Funded Plans, TPA, and MGA license classes will not be offered electronically at this time and will not display on PDB at this time due to all of them receiving a registration and not a license.
Arkansas adheres the following application process:
- Arkansas will require resident applicants to complete a resident licensing application prior to taking an exam.
- After a resident license application is submitted via NIPR, all individual applicants must complete the background check form using the link: https://www.ark.org/background-check/index.php/home/index/aid
- If an exam is required, the applicant should follow instructions in the NIPR email you will receive after applying to get the exam fees to Pearson VUE.
- After the required information is submitted, and the exam fee is paid at registration, the exam permit will be issued to schedule the appropriate exam.
Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old or older as determined from the applicant's date of birth.
Canadian citizens cannot apply for a resident license electronically.
Applicant must provide a valid business email address.
If an applicant is licensed in another state and moves to Arkansas, they must submit a resident application within ninety (90) days of cancellation of the previous resident license to waive exam requirements.
Before a license with the variable line of authority (LOA) will be issued, the applicant must provide Arkansas Department of Insurance proof of Series 6 and Series 7.
Reapplication is allowed up to one (1) year after license expiration date.
Before a surplus lines license will be issued for an individual applicant:
- The Surplus Lines Producer applicant must first hold an active insurance producer license class in Arkansas with both an active property LOA and active casualty LOA for at least three (3) years prior to applying for Surplus Lines Producer license class.
- The applicant must provide proof of a bond in the total amount of $50,000 to Arkansas Department of Insurance.
Before Arkansas Department of Insurance will issue an adjuster license, the individual applicant must provide proof of twelve (12) months of experience as an adjuster or proof of a twelve (12) months apprenticeship under a licensed adjuster. The required form may be found on the Arkansas Department of Insurance website.
For individuals, the residence address must be in Arkansas.
Life Settlement Producer may only be applied for electronically if they apply for an insurance producer license or currently hold an active Resident Producer license in the state of Arkansas.
- If the applicant is applying for an insurance producer license or adjuster license, an exam must first be passed before a license will be issued. The exception to this rule is if the applicant is applying for the variable products LOA. This LOA does not require an exam.
- A consultant applicant must hold an active insurance producer license in Arkansas on PDB.
- An exam is required for reapplication if license classes require an exam on the initial application.
- Exams are valid for one (1) year.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.