DELAWARE Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing for Individuals


Primary Rules    |   License Printing    |   Business Rules   |   State Offerings   |   License Fees   |   Contacts and FAQs

State Announcements

There are no announcements for Delaware at this time.

Primary Rules

Response Question
Yes Accepts adjuster for individuals electronically.
No* Accepts adjuster for business entities electronically.
Yes Accepts Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) electronically.
Yes Applicant can reinstate a license electronically.
Yes Applicant can add lines of authority to an existing active license electronically.
Yes Print licenses electronically.

* Business entities will apply through Non-Resident Licensing rather than Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing.

License Printing

To print your license, click the state on NIPR's Producer Licensing Map.

Business Rules

Applicant must be eighteen (18) years old, or older, as determined from the applicant's date of birth.

Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) Rules:

  • In order for an applicant to designate a home state during the application process, the applicant must have an active non-resident adjuster license on the Producer Database (PDB) and no active resident adjuster license.
  • If designated home state license is inactive at the time of application, applicant may select another non-resident state with an active adjuster license as the designated home state.
  • If applicant holds an active resident non-adjuster license in a state that licenses resident adjusters, the applicant may not designate a home state.
  • If applicant holds an active resident non-adjuster license in a state that does not license resident adjusters, the applicant may designate an active non-resident adjuster license as their home state.
  • Applicant may select Delaware as their Adjuster Designated Home State while applying for their Non-Resident Delaware license.
  • Public Adjusters cannot designate a home state.
  • Applicants who designate a home state must answer the following questions:
    • Did you qualify for this license type by passing an adjuster examination?
    • If yes, which state?
    • What lines of authority did the adjuster exam cover?
    • Non-Resident adjusters are required to complete CE in their Designated Home State where they hold an active license and have a CE requirement; otherwise, they must complete Delaware CE requirements. What state will you designate to complete CE?

State Offerings

Please note that license class names can vary by state.

License Class Line of Authority (LOA)
Adjuster Property
Adjuster Casualty
Adjuster Motor Vehicle
Adjuster Marine & Transportation
Adjuster Multi-Peril Crop
Adjuster Surety
Adjuster Workers' Compensation
Public Adjuster Property
Apprentice Adjuster Property
Apprentice Adjuster Casualty
Apprentice Adjuster Motor Vehicle
Apprentice Adjuster Marine & Transportation
Apprentice Adjuster Multi-Peril Crop
Apprentice Adjuster Surety
Apprentice Adjuster Workers' Compensation
Catastrophic Adjuster None

* Applications for Other lines of authority will defer to state for approval.

License Fees

Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.

License Class / LOA Combination License Fee* Reinstatement Fee *
Adjuster / All LOA's $100.00 $300.00 ($100 License Fee + $200 Reinstatement Fee)
Public Adjuster / All LOA's $100.00 $300.00 ($100 License Fee + $200 Reinstatement Fee)
Apprentice Adjuster / All LOA's $50.00 NA
Catastrophic Adjuster/ All LOA's $0.00 NA

* Per application.
* Amendment fee – $25.00 per application

Note: Applicants are exempt from the $200.00 reinstatement fee if they have the following:

  • license status of cancelled with no status reason
  • license with a status reason of voluntary surrender


Last Update: 9/08/2017