Contact Card

Mississippi Insurance Department

P.O. Box 79

Jackson, MS 39205


Phone: (601) 359-3582

Fax: (601) 359-1951

Frequently Asked Questions

Who does an individual contact to schedule an examination? How do individuals report legal name changes? How do entities report/request name changes? How do entities update contact information? How do entities/individuals report changes to affiliations and/or DRLP's? How do entities/individuals report changes to O/P/O/D - Owners, Officers, Partners, Directors? How do licensees cancel or surrender a license or line of authority?
After an individual has passed an exam, how long are the scores valid?


What is the direct link to the producer licensing section of the DOI's website?


How does your state handle residency type changes?


Transfer from resident to non-resident
The producer must obtain a Letter of Clearance from Mississippi ($20 fee); receive a license from the new home state insurance department, submit a new application with new address stating you are changing from resident to nonresident. MID staff will verify new home state licensure on the NAIC producer licensing database (SPLD). There is a $25 fee to print a new license, if requested.

Duplicate License/Letter of Certification & Clearance Change of Address or Telephone Number Request

If the producer wishes to maintain a non-resident MS license, they would complete:


I am requesting ________ Letter(s) of Clearance for license #___________________________


I AM RELOCATNG TO ANOTHER STATE and would like to change from a resident licensee in Mississippi to a non-resident licensee in Mississippi.