MONTANA Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing for Individuals


Primary Rules    |   License Printing    |   Business Rules   |   State Offerings   |   License Fees   |   Contacts and FAQs

State Announcements

There are no announcements for Montana at this time.

Primary Rules

Response Question
Yes Accepts adjuster for individuals electronically.
No* Accepts adjuster for business entities electronically.
Yes Accepts Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) electronically.
Yes Applicant can reinstate a license electronically through NIPR's Non-Resident License (NRAL) Application.
Yes Applicant can add lines of authority to an existing active license electronically.
Yes Print licenses electronically.

* Business entities will apply through Non-Resident Licensing (NRL) rather than Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing (NRAL).

License Printing

To print your license, click the state on NIPR's Producer Licensing Map.

Business Rules

Public Adjusters are required to post surety bond of $5000. Please submit by email insurance or fax to (406) 444-3497.

Applicant may not actively hold or apply for Adjuster and Public Adjuster Life at the same time.

Applicant may not actively hold or apply for Crop Adjuster and Public Adjuster Life at the same time.

If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.

State Offerings

Please note that license class names can vary by state.

License Class Line of Authority (LOA)
Adjuster None
Public Adjuster None
Crop Adjuster None

License Fees

Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.

License Class / LOA Combination Fee * Reinstatement Fee*
Adjuster / None $50.00 $50.00 total
Public Adjuster / None $50.00 $50.00 total
Crop Adjuster / None $50.00 $50.00 total

* Per application.


Last Update: 9/08/2017