Contact Card

Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs

Division of Insurance
P.O. Box 3614
Honolulu, HI 96813-3614

Phone: (808) 586-2788

Fax: (808) 587-6714


Frequently Asked Questions

Who does an individual contact to schedule an examination? How do individuals report legal name changes? How do entities report/request name changes? How do entities/individuals report changes to affiliations and/or DRLP's? How do entities update contact information? How do licensees cancel or surrender a license or line of authority? How Does your state handle license printing?
After an individual has passed an exam, how long are the scores valid? What is the direct link to the producer licensing section of the DOI's website? How do entities/individuals report changes to O/P/O/D's? How does your state handle residency type changes?

Active Hawaii Resident Producer Converting to Hawaii Nonresident Producer:
  1. Form AC Change of address
  2. Letter of Certification issued by your new home state showing that you are licensed as a Resident Producer.
Active Hawaii Nonresident Producer Converting to Hawaii Resident Producer:
  1. If the National Producer Database (PDB) shows that you currently hold an active resident license in another state, a clearance letter from that state will be required.
  2. Sucessfully pass the Hawaii Insurance License Exam(s). Contact our exam administrator, Pearson Vue to register for an exam. Call toll free at 1-800-274-2608. View our Candidate Handbook at Pearson Vue's website. Exam is not required if application is received within ninety days of the cancellation of the applicant's previous resident license and if the producer was licensed in good standing.
  3. Obtain fingerprints. See instructions
  1. Form HPL – Hawaii Application for Individual Insurance License. Or NAIC Uniform Application. Submit one with original signature.
  2. Licensing Fees. Make check payable to DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS.